French Level 12 is a Pre-Intermediate French course for students who have been studying French for a while. French Level 12 requires that you have previously studied French Level 11 or a course of at least 132 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our French language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Talking about experience in life
- Giving advice in a personal or professional context
- Indicators of time (il y a, pendant, depuis, dans, pour)
- Consolidating present conditional
- Introduction to the subjunctive (il faut que + subj)
Students should already have some knowledge of ‘passé compose’ and ‘imparfait’ and the difference between them, as well as the present conditional, before taking this course.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 132 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 11th January – 15th February 2022
Wednesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2022
Mondays: 4th April – 16th May 2022*
Tuesdays: 24th May – 28th June 2022
Wednesdays: 6th July – 10th August 2022
Wednesdays: 17th August – 21st September 2022
Thursdays: 29th September – 3rd November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 18th of April. Additionally, due to the Bank Holiday the lesson on the 2nd of May will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay