French Level 16 is an Intermediate course for students who have studied the French language to a fairly high level. French Level 16 requires that you have previously studied French Level 15 or a course of at least 180 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick French language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our French language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
- Parler de faits de société (exemples: politique, environnement, culture et tradition)
- Exprimer son opinion et argumenter
- Parler des sujets de la vie courante (exemples: travail, temps libres, vacances)
- La cause et la conséquence
- La concession et l’opposition
- Les connecteurs logiques
Students should have a good knowledge of the indicative tenses and the present and past conditional, and the subjunctive present.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 180 class hours of previous French language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Thursdays: 13th January – 17th February 2022
Wednesdays: 6th April – 18th May 2022*
Tuesdays: 5th July – 9th August 2022
Wednesdays: 17th August – 21st September 2022
Mondays: 26th September – 31st October 2022
Tuesdays: 8th November – 13th December 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 20th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from French language teachers
- French language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay