Japanese Level 3 is an Elementary Japanese course for students who have already studied some Japanese. Japanese Level 3 requires that you have previously studied Japanese Level 2 or a course of at least 24 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Japanese language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Daily activities
– Visiting someone’s home
– Inviting someone & accepting/declining an invitation
– Using a tool
– Giving & Receiving gifts
– Borrowing & Lending
– Offering tea
– Transitive verbs
– Particle “o” with an direct object
– Difference between the question word “Nan” and “Nani”
(1) Watashi wa ocha o nomimasu. – I drink tea.
(2) Watashi wa honya de jisho wo kaimashita. – I bought a dictionary at a book shop.
(3) Eiga e ikimasenka. – Won’t you come to the movies with me?
(4) Sukoshi yasumimasho. – Let’s rest a little bit.
(5) Watashi wa te de sushi o tabemasu. – I eat sushi with my fingers.
(6) Watashi wa tanjobi ni haha ni CD o agemashita. – I gave a CD to my mother on her birthday.
(7) Watashi wa Chan san ni kasa o moraimashita. – I received an umbrella from Ms Chan.
– The family
– One’s own and someone else’s
– Set phrases for visiting home
– Food & Drink
– Place names
– Gifts items
Course Book – Minna no Nihon-go Beginners Book 1
Chapter 6 & 7
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 24 class hours of previous Japanese language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 11th January – 15th February 2022
Wednesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2022
Thursdays: 7th April – 19th May 2022*
Mondays: 23rd May – 27th June 2022
Tuesdays: 5th July – 9th August 2022
Wednesdays: 17th August – 21st September 2022
Thursdays: 10th November – 15th December 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 21st of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay