Japanese Level 5 is an Elementary Japanese course for students who are already in the process of learning Japanese. Japanese Level 5 requires that you have previously studied Japanese Level 4 or a course of at least 48 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Japanese language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Japanese language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Existence of living and non-living things
– Describing where objects/people/animals are
– Asking for directions
– Activity frequency
– Ordering in a restaurant
– Counting system
– Using quantifier
– Quantifier or noun + だけ (only)
(1) あそこに ぎんこうが あります。
(2)うけつけに かとうさんが います。
(3)きよみずでらは きょうとに あります。
(4)ともこさんは アメリカに います。
(5)しょくどうに いすが みっつ あります。
(6) わたしは イギリスに ２ねん います。
– Inside the house
– Animals & Plants
– Period of time
– Kanji characters will be introduced when students are comfortable and confident to use both Hiragana & Katakana*.
* After an introduction lesson to Kanji, a set of worksheets will be available on Moodle for download and students can work on their own pace.
Course Book – Minna no Nihon-go Beginners Book 1
Chapters 10 & 11
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 48 class hours of previous Japanese language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 21st February – 28th March 2022
Tuesdays: 5th April – 17th May 2022 *
Wednesdays: 25th May – 29th June 2022
Thursdays: 7th July – 11th August 2022
Mondays: 15th August – 19th September 2022**
Tuesdays: 27th September – 1st November 2022
Wednesdays: 9th November – 14th December 2022
* Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 19th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th of August be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Japanese language teachers
- Japanese language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay