Online Arabic Levels 15&16 is a Low-Intermediate Arabic course for students who have studied the Arabic language to a fairly high level. This is an intensive Arabic course allowing you to take two Arabic levels in 10 weeks and progress more quickly. Online Arabic Levels 15&16 requires that you have previously studied Arabic Level 14 or a course of at least 168 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Arabic language level test here or check our levels chart.
Our Online Arabic language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
- Social ties in the Arab world
- The family and the tribe
- Marriage rituals and arrangements
- Special occasions greetings and response
- Religion and culture
- Invitation etiquette to special social occasions
- State marriage regulations
- Marrying from outside the culture and religion
- Collective nouns
- The modern wedding in the Arab world
Extra – Consolidation of previous levels’ materials.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 168 class hours of previous Arabic language study required
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 10th January – 16th February 2022
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 5th April – 19th May 2022*
Mondays + Wednesdays: 4th July – 10th August 2022
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 27th September – 3rd November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 19th and 21st of April. The course still consists of 12 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Arabic language teachers
- Arabic language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay