Online Korean Level 1 is a Beginners Korean course for students who have never studied the Korean language before. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Korean language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Greeting people
– Self Introduction
– Activities and hobbies
– Daily routines
– Hangeul – the Korean alphabet
– The present tense ending “-ayo/eoyo”
– Forming questions
– Topic particle “-eun/neun”, destination particle “-e”
– Sentence-ending words “-ieyo/yeyo”
(1) Jeoneun Sujiyeyo. – I am Suji.
(2) Jeoneun Hanguk saramieyo. – I am from Korea.
(3) Jeoneun seonsengnimieyo. – I am a teacher.
(4) Oneul moheyo? – What are you doing today?
(5) Wundongheyo. – I am working out.
(7) Eodie gayo? – Where are you going?
(8) Hakgyoe gayo. – I am going to school.
– Introduction to Korea/ Korean
– Country and nationality
– Alphabet Hangeul
– Basic regular verbs
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 1 to 2
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 10)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 10th January – 14th February 2022
Tuesdays: 5th April – 17th May 2022*
Wednesdays: 6th July – 10th August 2022
Thursdays: 29th September – 3rd November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 19th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay