Online Korean Levels 1&2 is a Beginners Korean course for students who have never studied the Korean language before. This is an intensive Korean course allowing you to take two Korean levels in 6 weeks and progress more quickly. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our quick Korean language level test here, or check our level chart.
Our Online Korean language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Greeting people
– Self Introduction
– Activities and hobbies
– Daily routines
– Asking for Sino numbers
– Making negation sentences “is not”
– Talking about possessions
– Asking “do you have” questions
– Buying things at a shop
– Using appropriate noun counters
– Hangeul – the Korean alphabet
– The present tense ending “-ayo/eoyo”
– Forming questions
– Topic particle “-eun/neun”, destination particle “-e”
– Sentence-ending words “-ieyo/yeyo”
– Usage of Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Particle “-e” for location
– Subject particle ‘-i/ga’
– Possession “ui”
– Existence ‘-e itda/eopda’
– Use of the word and ‘-hago’
– Counters (gae, myeong, mari, byeong, etc.)
(1) Jeoneun Sujiyeyo. – I am Suji.
(2) Jeoneun Hanguk saramieyo. – I am from Korea.
(3) Jeoneun seonsengnimieyo. – I am a teacher.
(4) Oneul moheyo? – What are you doing today?
(5) Wundongheyo. – I am working out.
(6) Eodie gayo? – Where are you going?
(7) Hakgyoe gayo. – I am going to school.
(8) Jeonhwabeonhoga moyeyo? – What is your phone number?
(9) Chinguga aniyeyo – She is not a friend.
(10) Jip apae itsseoyo – It is in front of the house.
(11) Jae sengiliyeyo. – It is my birthday.
(12) Han due poni eopsseoyo. -I do not have a mobile phone.
(13) Eolmayeyo? – How much is it?
(14) Sagwa du gaehago orenji se gae juseyo. – Please give me two apples and three oranges.
– Introduction to Korea/ Korean
– Country and nationality
– Alphabet Hangeul
– Basic regular verbs
– Sino/Pure Korean numbers
– Location words, 위, 아래, 안, 밖, 옆, 앞, 뒤
– House objects
– Shopping related words
Course Book – Sejong Korean Conversation 1
Chapter 1 to 5
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 21st February – 30th March 2022
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 24th May – 30th June 2022*
Mondays + Wednesdays: 15th August -21st September 2022**
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 8th November – 15th December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th of August will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Korean language teachers
- Korean language study tips
Need assistance choosing your course?
Take a look at our FAQs page which has lots of information about our classes.FAQs – Foreign Languages
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay