Online Mandarin Levels 1&2 is a Beginners Mandarin course for students who have never studied the Mandarin language before. This is an intensive Mandarin course allowing you to take two Mandarin levels in 6 weeks and progress more quickly. If you’re unsure of your level, then check our level chart.
Our Online Mandarin language classes take place via Zoom with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. The interactive lessons emulate our face-to-face classes, and via teacher screen-sharing, students are able to experience a live classroom environment. From vocabulary activities and covering grammar points on the white board, to listening exercises, file sharing and ‘break-out rooms’ to practise speaking with classmates, students can learn without leaving the comfort of their homes. Take a look at an example of one of our online classes in this video.
– Focusing on learning correct pronunciation
– Building up simple sentence structures and gaining confidence in speaking
– Communicating in spoken Mandarin within a beginner’s range of commonly encountered situations
– Introduction to “Hanzi” characters outlining stokes and structures.
– Greetings; introductions, surnames and names
– Talking about someone’s occupation
– Talking about someone’s origins & describing countries and cities
– Numbers & currencies
– Asking for a telephone number
– Reading the time
– Asking for shop opening & closing times
– Explaining daily routines
– Explaining where you go, when, with whom and how
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 12)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: this is a course for complete beginners
- Classes will take place via Zoom
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays + Wednesdays: 21st February – 30th March 2022
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 24th May – 30th June 2022*
Mondays + Wednesdays: 15th August -21st September 2022**
Tuesdays + Thursdays: 8th November – 15th December 2022
*Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th of August will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
What do you need for an online class?
To get the most from this course you will need:
- A reliable internet connection
- A desktop computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone
- A web camera on or attached to the device you are using
- An integrated microphone in the device you are using or an attached headset
- The day before your course, you will be sent via email all the details you need to connect to the IH London Zoom classroom
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Mandarin language teachers
- Mandarin language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay