Spanish Level 4 is an Elementary Spanish course for students who have already studied some Spanish. Spanish Level 4 requires that you have previously studied Spanish Level 3 or a course of at least 36 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our language test here, or check our level chart.
Our Spanish language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Describing districts and towns
– Discussing what you like most about a place
– Giving directions
– Talking about your job
– Expressing positive & negative aspects about your job
– Ordering and giving information about food
– Quantifiers (algún, ningún, muchos…)
– Prepositions (de…a, desde…hasta)
– Direct object pronouns (lo, la, los, las)
– Prepositions and adverbs of places (a, en, al lado de, lejos, cerca…)
– Adjectives to describe where we live (mi barrio)
– Services and locations in cities
– Ways of cooking
– Food and drinks
* To be able to enroll for this level you should be familiar with the regular and irregular conjugations of the presente de indicativo.
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 36 class hours of previous Spanish language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Mondays: 10th January – 14th February 2022
Tuesdays: 22nd February – 29th March 2022
Wednesdays: 6th April -18th May 2022*
Thursdays: 26th May – 30th June 2022**
Mondays: 4th July – 11th August 2022
Tuesdays: 16th August – 20th September 2022
Wednesdays: 28th September – 2nd November 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 20th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Spanish language teachers
- Spanish language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay