Spanish Level 9 is a Pre-Intermediate Spanish course for students who have been studying the Spanish language for a while. Spanish Level 9 requires that you have previously studied Spanish Level 8 or a course of at least 96 class hours. If you’re unsure of your level, then take our language test here, or check our level chart.
Our Spanish language classes take place at our school in Covent Garden with a qualified, experienced teacher and fellow students. Evening language classes at IH London are dynamic and interactive as the emphasis is on spoken communication, which is achieved through lots of group work and role-plays. At the same time, there is systematic work on grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation, so that you can improve on all aspects of the language. Your teacher speaks in the target language throughout, so that you can refine your comprehension and listening skills.
– Giving advice
– Talking about mood and state of mind
– Describing pains and symptoms
– Talking about habits, customs and circumstances of the past
– Situate actions in the past and present
– Ser vs Estar
– Verb doler
– Positive imperative
– Pretérito imperfecto
– Parts of the body
– Symptoms and diseases
– State of mind and mood
– Stages of life
* To be able to enrol for this level you should be familiar with the pretérito indefinido and pretérito perfecto
- Average class size: 8 (maximum 14)
- Students must be 18+ years old
- Existing language ability: 96 class hours of previous Spanish language study required
- Classes will take place at our school in Covent Garden (16 Stukeley Street, Holborn, London WC2B 5LQ)
- The classes are 2 hours per week
- The course runs for 6 weeks
- The course takes place on weekday evenings 18:30 – 20:30
- The possible study options for this course are as follow:
Tuesdays: 11th January – 15th February 2022
Wednesdays: 23rd February – 30th March 2022
Wednesdays: 6th April – 18th May 2022*
Thursdays: 26th May – 30th June 2022**
Mondays: 15th August – 19th September 2022***
Tuesdays: 27th September – 1st November 2022
Wednesdays: 9th November – 14th December 2022
*Due to the Easter holiday there is a break in the course on the 20th of April. The course still consists of 6 lessons however.
**Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 2nd of June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
***Due to the Bank Holiday, the lesson on the 29th August June will be rescheduled to another day tbc with the teacher.
This language course includes:
- Access to our Moodle platform to download lesson summaries, notes and resources
- Support and advice from Spanish language teachers
- Spanish language study tips
- Course selection
- Personal details
- Confirm & pay